Barnacle Buster™ Concentrate
Barnacle Buster™ Concentrate
Marine Growth Remover
- ● Engine Overheating?
- ● A/C Not Cooling?
- ● Clogged Pipes?
Barnacle Buster™ is a safe, non-toxic and biodegradable marine growth remover specifically formulated to meet an industry wide need for fast, safe, cost effective alternatives to mechanical cleaning of seawater cooled equipment. With minimal dismantling required, Barnacle Buster™ can be safely re-circulated through seawater cooling systems, dissolving barnacles, zebra mussels, calcium, rust, lime & all other mineral deposits. Most applications can be completed within 4 hours!
TYPES OF APPLICATIONS:
Barnacle Buster™ can safely be used to remove marine growth from:
- ● A/C & Refrigeration cooling Systems
- ● Engines Seawater Cooling Systems
- ● Heat Exchangers
- ● Bow Thrusters
- ● Water Makers
- ● Sea Strainers
- ● Propellers
- ● Seacocks
- ● Pumps
- ● Piping
- ● Hulls
WHEN SHOULD I USE BARNACLE BUSTER™ ?
● As a general rule of thumb, flushing your engine once a year is a good preventative maintenance measure. This is especially important on engines with flexible rubber impellers. Marine growth is the most common cause of impeller failure.
● Monitoring your engines temperature is crucial. A consistent temperature increase of 5-10 degrees could mean a problem is starting to form within your cooling system. Flushing before the problem gets worse could save you a world of headaches.
● On most engines, seawater discharged from the engine is used to cool the exhaust gases exiting the engine. If this water flow is reduced, steam (or white smoke) will begin to exit from the exhaust. One reason for this could be a clogged heat exchanger or after cooler. Flushing the engine may prove to be an inexpensive troubleshooting technique for a boat owner.
FOR MORE HELPFUL TIPS AND PRINTABLE DOCUMENTS – SEE OUR FAQS AND HELP FILES BELOW
View the videos below to see how simple it is to use Barnacle Buster™ along with Trac Flushing Units!
*TRAC Ecological products are proudly manufactured in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA. Pricing on this page represents the manufactures suggested retail price for the USA. Prices may vary from region to region; contact your local supplier for details.
- Q. WHAT ABOUT ZINCS AND ALUMINUM ANODES?
A. Barnacle Buster will dissolve small quantities of zincs or other sacrificial anodes. Many times small section of anodes will flake off and clog water passages. Barnacle Buster will dissolve these ‘flakes’ while also removing all of the marine growth. NOTE: ZINC ANODES WILL NEED TO BE REMOVED PRIOR TO OR REPLACED AFTER COMPLETION OF CLEANING.
- Q. I CANNOT RECIRCULATE, HOW LONG SHOULD I LEAVE BARNACLE BUSTER SOAKING IN MY SYSTEM?
A. Soaking times vary per equipment and amount of marine growth/scale present. Be sure to consult system specific instructions for recommended soak times.
- Q. HOW OFTEN SHOULD I USE BARNACLE BUSTER?
A. We recommend flushing your systems twice a year as preventative maintenance. However, in warmer climates, you may want to consider flushing more often.
- Q. DOES BARNACLE BUSTER HAVE A SHELF LIFE?
A. Barnacle Buster does not have a shelf life. The product will remain active until it has been thoroughly used. Each gallon of ready to use solution will absorb 1.5 pounds of marine growth. Once that amount has been taken in, the product is no longer active and should be discarded. While we understand that it is sometimes difficult to see how much has been absorbed, you may drop a sea shell (calcium based object) in the solution. An active solution will dissolve the shell within 20 minutes.
- Q. CAN I FLUSH MORE THAN ONE SYSTEM AT A TIME?
A. Yes, you can, that’s what’s great advantage with Barnacle Buster. By connecting two systems together in a series you can easily flush both systems concurrently, saving you down time.
- Q. HOW DO I REMOVE THE PRODUCT ONCE THE CLEANING IS DONE?
A. In most cases you can simply turn the equipment on and let it flush itself out. Although all of our products are safe to dispose of through your sewer system, you should check your local laws on disposal.
- Q. HOW CAN I TELL IF MY PRODUCT IS STILL ACTIVE?
A. If you do not have access to a pH meter, try dropping a small seashell in the solution. The shell should completely dissolve itself within a 20 minutes time period. You may purchase pH strips from Trac. Our test strips measure 0.0 - 6.0. The correct pH for Barnacle Buster is between 1.0 - 1.25 click here to order http://trac-online.com/product/ph-strips
- Q. HOW CAN I MAKE SURE THAT THE CLEANING HAS COMPLETED?
A. The best method is by measuring the pH level. The pH will rise during the application as deposits are dissolved. Once the pH has leveled off, or maintains at a set level for about 1 hour, the solution is no longer dissolving any material and has completed the cleaning. If a pH meter is not available, a visual inspection of the product will work but it is not 100% reliable. Once the foaming reduces, the application should be complete.
- Q. WHEN USING THE CONCENTRATE, CAN I DILUTE IT MORE THAN IT IS RECOMMENDED?
A. You can, but you will not obtain the desired results with a diluted solution.
- Q. WHAT ABOUT CARPETS AND WOOD?
A. The product will react in the same manner as water would on carpets and wood.
- Q. DO I NEED TO BE CAREFUL WHEN HANDLING YOUR PRODUCTS?
A. These products by nature will etch most metals. In other words ANY polished aluminum, marble, or tile will lose its shine. Covering your work area and removing deck plates is recommended. As far as any immediate danger to the applier of our products, TRAC solutions are safe, non-toxic, biodegradable, non-corrosive, and non-hazardous.
- Q. DO I NEED TO RINSE AFTER THE APPLICATION?
A. FOR DRINKING, BLACK, and GRAY WATER SYSTEMS: a good flush is required because you do not want to leave the chemical in the system for an extended amount of time.
- Q. WHAT ABOUT THE METALS IN MY SYSTEM?
A. If used as directed, our solutions will not harm metal. Galvanized metal, zinc, tin and some aluminum oxides should be closely monitored when using Barnacle Buster.
The aluminum designed for use in marine equipment is normally compatible with TRAC products Barnacle Buster. NOTE: ZINC ANODES WILL NEED TO BE REMOVED PRIOR TO OR REPLACED AFTER COMPLETION OF CLEANING.
- Q. WILL TRAC’S SOLUTIONS ATTACK MY GASKETS, SEALS, OR PLASTICS?
A. NO! Barnacle Buster is specifically formulated for these types of applications and will not attack any of these materials.
- Q. Will Barnacle Buster® harm my rubber impeller?
A. No, Barnacle Buster® will not harm any impellers, including most plastic, metal, rubber, fiberglass, vinyl, wood or paint.